[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver DB problems. Was: doesn't start:...

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Tue Apr 27 23:00:38 UTC 2021

On 27/04/2021 17:06, A. F. Cano wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 02:39:42PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> Same here.
>>>
>>> $ ls -la /dev/shm
>>> total 72024
>>> drwxrwxrwt  2 root     root           80 Apr 26 22:55 ./
>>> drwxr-xr-x 20 root     root         3780 Apr 23 19:17 ../
>>> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres    14992 Apr 21 08:05 PostgreSQL.1073826586
>>> -rw------- 1 www-data www-data 73733672 Apr 26 22:10 zm.mmap.2
>>>
>>> I am a member of groups www-data and video.  I start the front-end as myself.
>>>
>>> This is what's in /etc/group for the relevant groups:
>>>
>>> www-data:x:33:afc
>>> video:x:44:afc,mythtv,motion,www-data
>>>
>>> Evan after chmod g+rw /etc/shm/zm.mmap.2
>>>
>>> $ ls -l /dev/shm
>>> total 72024
>>> -rw------- 1 postgres postgres    14992 Apr 21 08:05 PostgreSQL.1073826586
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 73733672 Apr 26 22:10 zm.mmap.2
>>>
>>> The ZM_PATH_MAP is blank:
>>
>> So just to be clear do you have a line in either of these conf files
>> /etc/zm/zm.conf or /etc/zm/conf.d/01-system-paths.conf like this :-
>>
>> ZM_PATH_MAP=/dev/shm
> Yes.  In /etc/zm/conf.d/01-system-paths.conf there is:
>
> # Full Path to ZoneMinder's mapped memory files
> # The web account user must have full read/write permission to this folder.
> ZM_PATH_MAP=/dev/shm

Ah! I forgot you are running MythTV 30.0 which is missing some fixes.
It's difficult to keep track of all the changes in MythTV and Zoneminder
and what is compatible with what at least that's my excuse :)

Only current master looks in /etc/zm/conf.d/01-system-paths.conf for the
ZM_PATH_MAP setting. Older versions only look in /etc/zm.conf or the
location you tell it to load the config from when you pass a -c command
line parameter to mythzmserver.

You will have to either copy the ZM_PATH_MAP setting to /etc/zm/zm.conf
or you could create a custom copy of /etc/zm/zm.conf specifically for
mythzmserver to use and add the ZM_PATH_MAP setting then tell
mythzmserver to use your custom zm.conf file using the -c parameter.

Paul H.