[mythtv-users] Deleted Recordings Not Being Removed

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:47:09 UTC 2021

>>> Deleted recordings are just no longer being "deleted".  I double checked Setup-> Video -> General -> Time to retain deleted recordings (days):
>>> It is set to 1 (1 day), yet deleted recordings never get deleted.  My HD is nearly full and I have more than 1 TB of undeleted "deleted"
>>> recordings.  How do I make these actually get deleted?
>>> Jay
>> Are there any entries in the output of this: mythbackend --printexpire --quiet
>>
>> If so, then see if Allow Recordings to Auto-expire is set in some/all recording
>> rules, especially templates.

There is another setting that controls how long deleted recordings will stick around.

In TV settings -> General -> General(Auto Expire)  is a setting

'Time to Retain Deleted Recordings’

I have this set to 2 days which means that once a recording has been moved to the Deleted group, The recording will then be deleted from the hard drive.

A value of 0 means it will be deleted within 20 minutes. A value of -1 means that will only be deleted is space is needed for new recordings.

Regards.