[mythtv-users] Deleted Recordings Not Being Removed

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 20 03:57:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 15:33:22 -0700, you wrote:

>What log?  What command do I use to see it?

The typical place for the log is /var/log/mythtv, but it depends on
what version of Linux you are using.  The file is normally called
mythbackend.log, but that can vary too.  It also pays to look at the
system logs and the systemd journals.  In Ubuntu, look at
/var/log/syslog and run this command which shows you the latest
entries in the system journal:

journalctl -e

So what system are you running?

And I do remember a bug that was in an old version of MythTV that had
symptoms similar to what you are seeing.  But I can not remember what
version it was in - I think it was older than 0.28, but I can not be
sure at all.  It was fixed quite quickly at the time, so if you are on
0.28-fixes, it would not be that bug.