[mythtv-users] Category Record Over Time doesn't include "Sports event" anymore

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 17:43:21 UTC 2021

The interesting bit is that the term "Sports event" does appear in help
text and examples but it does not appear anywhere in the code base. It can
be there because of imported guide data from e.g. Schedules Direct but it
cannot come from EIT/EPG. The term "Sports non-event" does occur for
"dishCategory" value 0x81. As I understand it this lookup table should only
be used when receiving Dish satellite signals. I do not see anything
obvious in the commit history of the relevant files, e.g.
dvbdescriptor.cpp, that may cause this. Altogether it is a bit of a mystery
to me why also my own program descriptions have changed.

Klaas.