[mythtv-users] Screen blanking issue with NVidia 455 drivers

Erik Merkle mythtv at emerkle.net
Wed Sep 23 18:26:46 UTC 2020

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I am having an issue with
MythTV 0.31 and the latest NVidia drivers. My system is ArchLinux and the
latest NVidia drivers are 455.23.04.

What I'm experiencing is that when I pause anything (live tv or videos) for
a long enough time, the output to the TV goes to sleep to the point that
the only way I can get it back is to use CTRL+ALT+F2 to switch to a virtual
tty, then CTRL+ALT+F1 to get back to the X display. This also is the case
if I turn my TV off and then immediately back on.

I haven't touched my Xorg config in about 6 months, and things were working
fine until recently. I tried rolling back my NVidia drivers to version
450.66 (left Xorg config alone), rebooted and tested again and it works
fine, the problem goes away.

Again, not sure if this mailing list is the appropriate place to raise
this, but I thought it might help anyone that happened to have the same
issue. For now I'll stick with the slightly older drivers and maybe check
the NVidia forums to see if it's a known issue.

Thanks,
Erik