[mythtv-users] Problems with Screenshots (RePost)

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:12:12 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 9:03 PM Werner Mahr <werner at vollstreckernet.de>
wrote:

> Thank you for the wrong hint with the right info beside it, I think this
> one
> could only be solved by accident. In my eyes this behaviour is a bug, but
> I'm
> sure it won't be threated as one till a series with a slash in the name
> comes
> up.

The file parsing method within mythtv has a special rule for multiple dots
inside the file name.

I do always enter on special video/tv-series names the correct inetref
value in
I -> Change Video Details -> Edit Details
One gets this value by searching on tmdb.org or themoviedb.org and it needs
prepend this number with either 'tmdb3.py_' or 'ttvdb.py_" inside the field.

Then I perform the actual search by
I -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Video Details

This makes searching much easier, giving more accurate results.