[mythtv-users] mythweb selinux issue

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:55:24 UTC 2020

I'm getting the following errors replacing the expected content on mythweb
pages when selinux is enforcing.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="
http://192.168.0.85/mythweb/skins/default//tv_list.css">

Unable to connect to the master backend at 192.168.0.85:6543.
Is it running?

the backend definitely is running.

some googling suggested the following commands:

setsebool httpd_can_network_connect_db 1
setsebool selinuxuser_mysql_connect_enabled 1

which sounded promising but didn't help.

With selinux set permissive all works as expected.

I've labelled mythweb directories as httpd_sys_content_t and /data (and now
/skins as well) as httpd_sys_rw_content_t.

I'm trying to resist disabling selinux for this mythtv build.