[mythtv-users] Packaging MythTV (was Best distribution for MythTV)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Sep 14 08:39:33 UTC 2020

On 14/09/2020 00:22, jam at tigger.ws wrote:

>> On 13 Sep 2020, at 7:59 pm, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>>

>> I didn't see a way to use the ansible playbook directly, but I cribbed almost all my BuildRequires lines from perusal of the playbook source. I seemed to need a few more for the jump from 29.1 to 31, but those I found in some info that Beppo kindly sent to me.
>
> May I ask why? I'm not selling anything but I found a fresh install of Leap 15.1 or 15.2.
> ADD PYTHON-XML and ansible worked flawlessly.

Actually, that was a very loose comment. What I meant was: I considered
trying to use the playbook from within the spec file so as to avoid the
need for BuildRequires lines, but decided that likely wouldn't work
because permissions while building seem to disallow the creation of
files other than within the build, tmp, and current directories. I'd
definitely use the playbook if I were just building from source directly.

Even that may be wrong. I'm very new to the concepts of packaging.