[mythtv-users] ACPI

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:25:46 UTC 2020

On 9/12/20 3:38 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Still no joy. When I ran "sudo visudo" the comments said "consider creating
> a sudoers.d file" (or something similar) which I didn't because the wiki
> saed add this to the end of the file. Should I try the former?

Use: man visudo to see the options. You're looking for the --file switch
and could enter a path like /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv

Personal note, if you're touching anything related to sudoers[.d/*], then
open at least one other terminal window and type: sudo -i in it. That way
you can recover from errors you make (I made) when editing, although my
1st attempt was without visudo. Test from another window with: sudo -k
and then sudo -i. You don't want to disable the sudo command, even though
it's possible to recover from it.

--
Bill