[mythtv-users] ACPI

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:33:39 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:18 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been following the Wiki to configure automatic shutdown and
> wakeup with rtc clock, but I can't get this accomplished:
> 'Then add mythtv and any other uses you wish to the "wheel" group.'
> There is no Wheel Group, is this even relevant? I'm logging out (because
> I'm using the "check_login.sh") but the box does not shut down (it passed
> the previous test in the wiki). I'm using myth v 31 on Ubuntu 20.04
> combined FE/BE. TIA  Daryl

"wheel" is either an old UNIX or BSD convention that has been in most new
distributions replaced with the "sudo" group.\

Not quite sure what your level of familiarity is with *nix, but basically 2
lines above that in the wiki it basically reads "do whatever is needed to
make the mythtv user able to run sudo without a password, perhaps for 1
command, or everything by using the (theoretically) preexisting group that
has historically done this (wheel)".

Hope this helps,
Mike