[mythtv-users] ACPI

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:29:02 UTC 2020

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 20:18, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been following the Wiki to configure automatic shutdown and
> wakeup with rtc clock, but I can't get this accomplished:
> 'Then add mythtv and any other uses you wish to the "wheel" group.'
> There is no Wheel Group, is this even relevant? I'm logging out (because
> I'm using the "check_login.sh") but the box does not shut down (it passed
> the previous test in the wiki). I'm using myth v 31 on Ubuntu 20.04
> combined FE/BE. TIA  Daryl

The wheel group is the historic name for what is now usually called the
sudo group.  The idea is that you can just add users to the group instead
of configuring them individually in /etc/sudoers.  Most distributions will
ship an /etc/sudoers file with:

%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

in it, which makes this work.  Presumably in terms of what you're trying to
accomplish, this is because the automatic shutdown will be done by the
mythtv user via sudo as:

sudo shutdown -h now

Cheers, Ian