[mythtv-users] Pause - resume - quit

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Sep 4 09:32:06 UTC 2020

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 21:13:26 -0700, you wrote:

>On my recently upgraded Ubuntu 18.04/Myth 31 setup I'm having a recurring
>problem.  I pause a show I'm replaying with keyboard 'p', come back and
>start it again with the same, then some seconds later it exists playback
>and goes back to the watch recordings screen.
>
>Known problem?  If so is there a fix? If not how to debug?  The exit occurs
>with no input (that I'm intentionally making).

Does the drive that the recording is on spin down?  If so, it may be
taking too long to spin up again.  So when you unpause it, the rest of
the data already in RAM plays, then mythfrontend waits for more data
from the disk, and times out when it does not arrive.  In v30, you
usually get a popup message about this if it happens.  The logs should
show some sort of message such as "waiting too long".