[mythtv-users] Can't start mythfrontend with TV off since moving to Intel graphics

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:53:40 UTC 2020

Paul

OK - I see what is happening (the root cause is that the display is
not connected)

Firstly, Qt isn't sure what display it is connected to which leads to
this line in the logs (I'd have to check but presumably Qt ignores
displays that are reported as disconnected):-

mythdisplay.cpp:376 (GetDesiredScreen) - Display: Screen 'HDMI1' not
found, defaulting to primary screen (:0.0)

The mythtv code then tries to match :0.0 to a known display, and fails
with this line:-

platforms/mythdisplayx11.cpp:125 (GetVideoModes) - DisplayX11: Failed
to find an output that matches ':0.0'

and actually even if it tried searching for HDMI1 instead, it would
still fail as it will definitely ignore disconnected displays:-

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythui/platforms/mythdisplayx11.cpp#L254

It's easy enough to add workarounds to the MythTV side (i.e. fallback
to a disconnected display that has some valid modes) - but not so sure
about the Qt side; we rely on QScreen being valid.

I'll have a dig around.

Regards
Mark