[mythtv-users] How to find the input used in a recording?

Ram Ramesh rramesh2400 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:44:22 UTC 2020

On 10/23/20 9:28 AM, David Watkins wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 15:24, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com
> <mailto:oliver.greg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 8:33 PM Ram Ramesh <rramesh2400 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:rramesh2400 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         One of my tuner is bad and it produces 0 byte recordings
>         whenever that
>         tuner is used. I am not sure which one it is. How do I find
>         out from the
>         recorded program information? I mean, when I look up
>         previously recorded
>         programs, I do not get input information. Is that kept in the
>         database,
>         if so how do I get it?
>
>         Regards
>         Ramesh
>

> Just out of interest, if you don't know which tuner it is how do you
> know it's always the same tuner?

I have two HDHRs for a total of 6 tuners. I seem to get hit with 0-byte
whenever I see multiple program are to be recorded at the same time.
That too precisely one file is broken and not many. So, I have a hunch
that it is just one tuner and when it is selected, I get broken
recording.  I do not have a proof, just a hunch. In any case, I need
proof and I that is why I want to know the input used in the broken
recording.

I think my tuner firmwares  are old and I need to update to the latest
to see if the trouble goes away. However, I do not want to disturb the
waters too much, and so, would like to know which one to update first.
While experimenting with firmwares, I want to keep the other working so
that I do not break everything in one shot due to errors in update.

Regards
Ramesh