[mythtv-users] Can't enable plugin - MythMusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Mon Oct 19 21:08:47 UTC 2020

On 19/10/2020 21:15, Mary Strimel wrote:

>     IIRC next you need to set paths to your music files in BE
>     setup>storage groups, also please do not top post.
>     (after clicking "reply" click the three dots, bottom right, to be
>     able to scroll below existing text)
>

> Thank you for the info. I did, in fact, install mythplugins and set a
> storage group that points to my music collection and called it
> “music”, however there are still no menu options to play it or work
> with it. The plug-in seems definitely not enabled.
> Other suggestions?

If the MythMusic plugin is installed and is loading OK then the menu
entries for it will just appear automatically. No other config is needed
other than making sure the Music storage group is set up, but even if it
is not MythMusic will still show in the menus but will warn you to setup
the storage groups before it will run properly.

Do you have a  libmythmusic.so file under /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/?

Are there any errors in the frontend log?

Usually if there are errors in the FE log it means either there is a
version mismatch or a library the plugin depends on is missing (the
Ubuntu packages should have already installed them automatically though).

Paul H.