[mythtv-users] mythfrontend lip sync problems?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:26:28 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 8:21 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have never had lip sync problems with mythfrontend until now. The reason
> seems to be my FireTV Cube.
>
> I do NOT have lip sync problems with mythfrontend on RPI4, FireTV 4K
> Stick, Ubuntu PC, or Shield TV.
>
> On all my Android devices, including the Cube I don't have problems with
> lip sync on Leanfront or Kodi 18.8.
>
> On the FireTV Cube only I have to edit the Audio Lip Sync to -400ms so the
> picture and audio match.  Some days it's -200ms.  Since I've never
> experienced this before, I'm wondering what could be the problem?  Luckily,
> I can adjust to fix it, but it makes me think the Cube isn't so good.
>
> Is lip sync a common problem or is it just me and my Cube?
>
> Jim A

It's a definite problem with some hardware.  My AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV
Now) box had a pretty large skew.  Once I get the video performing the way
I like it with the playback profiles, I then match up the audio sync.  I
never have to touch it afterward.

You are correct though - the leanback interfaces have always sync'ed with
no interaction.