[mythtv-users] Remote frontend connection problems

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:28:40 UTC 2020

Thank you.

> *make sure the port is open, no firewall blocking it, or if firewall open
> the port.*
> *on the mysql privleges try : GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.*
> TO mythtv at 192.168.1.% <mythtv at localhost>  **try adding the bind address
> to my.cnf, and for me it always by making it 0.0.0.0*

It was not the firewall, but I tried your next suggestion about the GRANT
ALL command, restarted mysql with "sudo service mysql restart" and now it
works.
I'm not familiar with mariadb as i last used myth about 10 years ago.  But
given that restarting mysql helped, I guess that must be what my system is
using.

Thank you Glenb and everyone for your help!