[mythtv-users] fixes/31 news feed

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sat Oct 10 15:24:24 UTC 2020

On 10/10/2020 09:04, lists at arewethere.net wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the last couple of days I've noticed a problem with mythnews
> not being able to retrieve the fixes/31 xml news feed [1].
> I can retrieve the file with wget or lynx, so the URL is ok.
> In the frontend log I get these messages
>
> E CoreContext mythuitext.cpp:1696 (Finalize) 'title' (news-ui.xml:65):
> <scroll> and <cutdown> are not combinable.

Yeah this is an error with the theme and is harmless. It will just
ignore any <cutdown> specified because it doesn't make sense to use it
if the text is scrolling. It's not the problem here though.

> E CoreContext newssite.cpp:184 (customEvent) NewsSite: HTTP Connection
> Error#012#011#011#011Explanation: 0: Unknown error
>
> The first is probably from the theme (mythbuntu) and irrelevant here.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
> Regards
>
> [1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31.atom

I can reproduce this as well using master. Very strange it seemed to
work once then always fails after that. The error code is zero so it can
only mean we are receiving a zero length reply.

Paul H.