[mythtv-users] Problem with TV resolution after upgrading to 20.04

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 22:17:19 UTC 2020

    Thank you. That worked.  For those who search for this problem with
    EDIDs and Audio/Video Receivers (AVR) I have included the link that
    I used to create the edid.bin file for my TV.  Plugging the TV directly
    into the video card is a key point.

    https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Creating_and_using_edid.bin_via_xorg.conf

    Regards,

    Ken Emerson

Another reason to do this is if you connect the mythtv frontend thru a
HDMI switch or have a TV with multiple inputs.

I was always having a FE forgetting it's resolution or just staying
blank.  This was really important on Raspberry PI FE.

The method is slightly different but creating the EDID.dat file is what
solves it.

Jim A