[mythtv-users] One showing every {week|day}

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 7 18:41:02 UTC 2020

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 18:52:35 +0200, you wrote:

>On 07/10/2020 03:49, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>>> and Tuesday). Other than that all bets are off: the "within 10 minutes"
>>> logic doesn't fly for this show since the timing of each of the showings
>>> varies quite a lot.
>>
>> The weekly rule does work for this.  If you create the rule from the
>> Friday listing in the EPG, it will record once a week starting from
>> then (+/- 10 minutes) on Friday.
>
>Once again Stephen: "the timing of each of the showings" (including the
>initial-one on Friday) "varies quite a lot".
>
>Furthermore, it is my understanding (but do correct me if I'm wrong)
>that such a rule would only match the Friday showing (if it happens to
>fall within the 10-minute window). If that showing can't be recorded for
>some reason the other two opportunities would not be taken.

No, that is how a daily recording works.  A weekly rule matches all
showings from the start time forwards for a week.  So if the Friday
recording was missed, then the Monday or Wednesday one would be
recorded.

The "varies a lot" problem is one I solve by adjusting the findtime to
be 00:00 local time so that any timeslot on the first day will match.
I have to do that manually with SQL as there is no way to do it with
the GUI.