[mythtv-users] One showing every {week|day}

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 7 01:49:59 UTC 2020

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 18:27:57 +0200, you wrote:

>On 05/10/2020 19:57, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> More specifically, the old "timeslot" and "weekslot" recording rule
>> types were removed and a new "filter" was added to give a more-forgiving
>> approximation of their functionality (basically to do what the user
>> wanted instead of "what the user said").
>
>Actually, what I would have liked is the ability really to record one
>occurrence per week but be able to specify on what day the week begins
>for this purpose.
>
>I came across this issue when trying to create a recording rule for a
>show which is always repeated once or twice, for which the listings data
>does not include series/episode information, and for which the first
>showing always occurs on Friday (with later showings usually on Sunday
>and Tuesday). Other than that all bets are off: the "within 10 minutes"
>logic doesn't fly for this show since the timing of each of the showings
>varies quite a lot.

The weekly rule does work for this.  If you create the rule from the
Friday listing in the EPG, it will record once a week starting from
then (+/- 10 minutes) on Friday.  If you have a rule that you have
created on the wrong day though, you have to use SQL to manually
change the record.findday field to fix that.  Just remember that all
times are in UTC.  The record.findtime field also can be adjusted to
the UTC time of day on the UTC findday to start searching from.  It
would be good if there was some way of manually adjusting those two
fields from the GUI for existing Power Search rules.  Then
mythfrontend could do the local time to UTC adjustments for you.  I
have often needed to change the settings when a new season of a
programme starts, and it is on at different times of the week from the
previous season.  You also have to worry about daylight saving time as
I do not think that any adjustment of findday and findtime fields is
done for this.  So if your clock is an hour forwards, you really want
the findday/findtime to be set one hour back from the current
recording time so that the forwards search from then will still find
the programmes after daylight saving ends.