[mythtv-users] One showing every {week|day}

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 5 17:57:50 UTC 2020

On 10/04/2020 07:07 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 04/10/2020 11:51, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 08:44:36 +0200, you wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> The Wiki [1] says that recording rules can be told to find only one hit
>>> per day or per week, but I can't seem to find that either in Mythweb or
>>> in the frontend (31-fixes).
>>>
>>> Any hints?
>>>
>>> [1]: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Manage_Recordings
>>>
>>> Thanks, Jan
>> You need to use a Power Search rule

More specifically, the old "timeslot" and "weekslot" recording rule
types were removed and a new "filter" was added to give a more-forgiving
approximation of their functionality (basically to do what the user
wanted instead of "what the user said").  The old rule types would fail
whenever broadcasters changed the start time of a program--even if it
aired in the same "slot" on the schedule.  The new filters "This time"
(daily) and "This day and time" (weekly) will record the show if it airs
within 10 minutes of the time specified in the rule.  These may actually
be easier for you to use than the old rule types--and will work even
with small changes.  See the commit message for more detail:
https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/commits/534705#534705

As Stephen said, though, the old "timeslot" and "weekslot" rule types
are only available in manual and search recording rules.

> Thanks Stephen -- you're always very helpful.
>
> The wiki would benefit from clarification on this point; I'll give that
> a go.

Looks good--and a further clarification on the filters would be nice,
too, if you get a chance to try them out/play with them. :) Thanks for
helping update the documentation for the changes.

Mike