[mythtv-users] Deinterlacing quality - where's the difference?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:29:44 UTC 2020

I've been chasing a jitter problem, that while minor is very annoying to
me.

My last test where I had the jitter was using the NVDEC profile, all
hardware decode and deinterlacing, and High quality set on both single and
double deinterlacing quality.

Still had a small amount of jitter but noticeable. So I changed the
deinterlacing qualities to medium and the jitter went away.  There was no
noticeable difference to me in the video except the jitter is now gone.
BTW, the hardware is Ryzen 5-3600, B550M motherboard, Nvidia GT-1030
fanless video card. OS is Linux Mint 20, Mythtv v0.31-118.

So that brings up the question, what quality changes when you change
deinterlacing quality from high to medium to low?

Jim A