[mythtv-users] tricky record rule?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 15:19:38 UTC 2020

James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish they had invented mysql back when I was a database administrator.  Back then it was MRI System 2000 running on a CDC 6000 and I used punch cards to submit queries. :-)

I'm just a young whipper-snapper and only used GUIs and SQL for the last few decades :D

I tend to use channel.callsign as in these examples which might give you some ideas :

((program.title like 'Cricket%' and callsign = 'Channel 5')
or
(program.title = 'ICC World Cup Cricket' and callsign = 'Channel 4')
or
(program.title = 'Test Cricket')
or
(program.title like 'One-Day International Cricket%')
or
(program.title like '%International T20 Cricket%'))

(program.title like 'CSI%' and not program.title like 'CSI: NY%')
AND (channel.callsign like 'FIVE%' or channel.callsign like 'Channel 5%')

(    program.title = 'Have I Got News for You'
  OR program.title = 'Have I Got a Bit More News for You'
  OR program.title = 'Have I Got Old news For You'
  OR program.title = 'Have I Got Sport for You' )
AND channel.callsign like 'BBC %'

Simon