[mythtv-users] HDHR failing

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 00:46:02 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020, 3:07 AM David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> ..or you could have a faulty Ethernet cable/connector or network switch.
> To know how to troubleshoot this you need to understand your network a bit.

Possible, but everything was working fine for a couple months then stopped
working, and it's only mythbackend that can't access it.

> How is your backend connected to the HDHR?  Wi-Fi or wired?  What other
> things are on the network?

Both are wired.  Other things on the network are the normal things, a
desktop, a couple phones, a few echos, some smart switches.

> What IP address do the HDHR and mythbackend have, and how are they
> assigned?  They can be manually assigned or they can pick them up from a
> device running DHCP (usually either a wifi access point or your ISP's
> broadband modem/gateway).

Backend has a static IP (198.168.1.200) HDHR has a DHCP address
(198.168.1.42, currently).

One sort of odd thing is that the HDHR is not showing up on the client list
on my router.  However, like I said it works with other devices, I can ping
it from the backend, and nmap shows it's up, connected, and working fine.