[mythtv-users] new PC build that's MythTV compatible

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:36:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 at 09:56, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Integrated AMD GPUs should be fine as well - though I've only tested a
> cheapish external AMD gpu. AMD supports both VAAPI and VDPAU - but
> VAAPI is again the way to go.

Having just put the cheap AMD card in to test something (RX 460)...

For completeness for anyone picking this thread up, my recollection of
AMD linux video support was not the best.  VAAPI is fine but it lacks
the high quality deinterlacer in VPP and the medium quality
deinterlacer is a bit ropey. VDPAU looks much better. Obviously things
may be different for other GPUs.

Regards
Mark