[mythtv-users] metadata lookup, movies with year in filename

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Fri May 22 21:44:48 UTC 2020

On 5/22/20 2:25 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Ryan,
>
> Friday, May 22, 2020, 4:54:33 PM, you wrote:
> I think you should put the year in between brackets:
> 'A Simple Plan (1998).mkv'

Unfortunately, that is not what the naming guide suggests:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

I have spent considerable time trying to make it work the way it is supposed to for mythtv.

Putting the date in ()s is the standard for most other tools like plex though.    If you put it in parans, mythtv ignores the date.    If you add the date per the guide, it doesn't strip it when querying for metadata and you won't find the movie.   Either way it doesn't really work correctly or as expected.

Michael