[mythtv-users] manuel recording

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 22 01:24:17 UTC 2020

On Sat, 9 May 2020 at 20:55, Klaus Becker <colonius47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when using mythlink with the option "--format %T", manually recorded
> movies look like
>
> "moviename_(manual_recording)" or something like that.
>
> I want only "moviename", is that possible ?
>
> I tried to write a scipt to rename the movie-names created by mythlink,
> but it's not simple because they are symbolic links. There is perhaps a
> simpler way to become just the movie-names without anything else, even
> for manual recordings.

Dear Klaus,

I can see three options for getting what you want:

i) modify the recording metadata for the affected movies to remove the
"_(manual_recording)" text if it is present

ii) modify the mythlink script to remove the "_(manual_recording)"
string from %T before it is used to create the symlink. Th is requires
some Perl knowledge.

iii) update your shell script to correctly modify the symlink names.

How many affected movies do you have?

Cheers,
Nick