[mythtv-users] movie grabber

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Thu May 21 13:01:36 UTC 2020

On 21 May 2020, at 12:44 am, Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 7:00 AM Blue <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>> Hi
>> this is a non trivia; question around the guts of metagraber on 31.
>>
>> I have been playing lots to get an osx frontend working, I’ve built an ubuntu backend machine, built from source and downloaded the mythtv packages.
>> I’ve also built for opensuse-Tumbleweed and downloaded packman builds.
>>
>> During this, because some metadata is populated, download DID work but my current testing, even when I delete metadata and i->change video detail->retrieve deta, failes with a failed message immediatly.
>>
>> Running the grabber from CL gives a nice xml dump that looks correct including art url that works.
>> I’ve looked at the code, but it is too hard for me to follow.
>>
>> How can I trouble shoot? In particalar some thing is causing ‘return with ok=false’ immediatly.
>> Thanks
>> James
>>
>> PS
>> i->change video detail->retrieve deta does not log any activity
>> but scan does a mythmetadata grab and I see bla bla movie DATE
>>
>> When I run that grab from CL it fails, without DATE it succeeds
>>

>> A few questions:
>> Do you use the frontend running osx or opensuse to grab metadata?
>
> Just tried thanks a million, I can live with this
>
> OSX frontend does not work.
> SuSE frontend does work
>
>> Did you configure the frontend build for python2 or python3?
>
> python 3.8 (as is the SuSE build)
>
>> What does the following command return on the frontend:
>> {{{
>> head -n1 /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
>> }}}
>> Substitute the path to your needs.
>
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1000]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
> Usage: ttvdb.py usage: ttvdb -hdruviomMPFBDS [parameters]
> <series name or 'series and season number' or 'series and season number and episode number'>
>
> For details on using ttvdb with Mythvideo see the ttvdb wiki page at:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ttvdb.py
>
> ttvdb.py: error: ! No series or series season episode supplied
>
> [sandypit] /home/jam [1001]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -t
> Everything appears to be in order
>
>> Is the following code snippet taken from
>> "mythtv/programs/mythmetadatalookup/main.cpp:71"
>> compiled in?
>> {{{
>> #ifdef Q_OS_MAC
>>    QString path = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath();
>>    setenv("PYTHONPATH",
>>           QString("%1/../Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages:%2")
>>           .arg(path)
>>           .arg(QProcessEnvironment::systemEnvironment().value("PYTHONPATH"))
>>           .toUtf8().constData(), 1);
>> #endif
>> }}}
>
> I'll need to do some spelinking
> <quote>
> 	• Q_OS_MACOS is defined when you are on an macOS system.
> [...]

Asking is easier than unraveling the code.
OSX frontend that does not work logs this

 I  Running Grabber:  -l en -a AU -C 295370

The linux front end that does work logs this

I  Running Grabber:  /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -C 295370

So it seems the osx frontend does not find the graber.

I have patched all defines of Q_OS_MAC.* to Q_OS_MACOS
I can't find if qt 5.14 removed those macros yet.
I also cannot find how/where the grabberpath is discovered.
I don't think the OSX frontend is finding the grabbers.

Any one can help ?
James