[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu Theme - fix required (solution within)

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Tue May 19 09:20:58 UTC 2020

 ---- On Sun, 17 May 2020 23:54:04 +0100 Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote ----

 >     This is the commit that added the deinterlacer to the debug OSD
 >     https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/47e41e76f4ce4e
 >

 >     You have to 2 options
 >
 >     1. remove the osd_debug window from Mythbuntu's osd.xml it will      then fallback to using the default window definition. It looks      like a copy paste from the default one so really no need for it be      copied.
 >
 >     2. add the new <textarea>'s 'deint' and  'deinterlacer'      that the above commit added. You will also have to tweak the      height of the window <area> to make room for the new      textarea's.
 >

 >     This is Mythbuntu's osd.xml
 >
 >     https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/osd.xml#L4
 >     and this is the default-wide's
 >     https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/default-wide/osd.xml#L4
 >

 >     Paul H.

thats where i started - removed the osd_debug & all it's children so it fell back to default OSDDebug layout. it worked even if the layout wasnt correct for the theme. I didnt get as far as digging around in osd-related commits to discover the new deint name. Seems the theming wiki could do with being ammended to atleast mention it...
I'll get round to it eventually; maybe at the weekend when i can spare some dediated uninterupted time to play around and submit a fix on github. I've also a second rpi4 due tomorrow that i'm using to test playback setup with since the deployment info for rpi4 on the wiki doesnt seem correct at all (see another recent thread from me reguarding it)
Short of rooting my Shield (rather not - have to reconfigure everything), which will give me access to the themes dir, a public fix is going to be the only way to get the videos_ui.xml file updated on it.