[mythtv-users] rpi4 HD playback profile

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:21:28 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 17/05/2020 13:31, Tim Draper wrote:
> > i give up... spent 2-3 days on getting my new rpi4 (2gb, with 256mb GPU
> ram assignment) to playback HD content smoothly and just can't. playback
> profile is setup to use V4L2 codecs, and I've upped core count to 4. Tried
> none, software, oGL and driver deinterlacers and disabled deblocking to try
> and improve things but non of them really fix the issue, just make it worse
> depending on system load.

1. Disable the Desktop Environment
2. Overclock it just a bit

I listed a few other things I tried in
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3791 also the link has a bit
more details. Also see https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi.

Good luck, i am happy with mine, but I basically use it for HDHomerun MPEG2
OTA recording playback.

The two above did it for me. Mostly it was the desktop environment.  Then a
slight overclock, now things are smooth.