[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Sun May 17 12:31:19 UTC 2020

> On 17 May 2020, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> John your new dmg did not work for me
>> Install did not set the low resolution flag, but even setting it by hand
>>
>> [plasma] /Users/jam [510]% md5
>> /Volumes/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.4-v31.0-40-gce23a0225fv31/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
>> MD5
>> (/Volumes/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.4-v31.0-40-gce23a0225fv31/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend)
>> = a07638318389a3600b4b47b6ac9ac999
>>
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic1.png
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic2.png
>>
>> James
>>

> James, at this point, I'm not sure what next to suggest for your issues.  I
> have opened a ticket in trac about the problem, I would suggest adding
> details of your system to include the mac model, retina screen, and display
> settings.
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13618
>
> BTW, on the forums it was suggested (I believe by Craig) to look into the
> display settings of your computer (Preferences -> Displays).  Possible by
> changing to scaled or some other setting things will work.  I did not try
> this route myself as the low res fix worked on my antiquated system.
>
> Finally, your last post kicked out the digest subject line again.  Please
> fix that.

John

I've got lots to learn.
I built, with your ansible script, in a new VM
I took mythtv-31 and (sensibly) copied to my laptop.
I ran it by cli and every thing 'worked' without sig 11. So the basic build is good.

I cannot figure this out (identical to your build)
I have configured seperate GUI and VIDEO resolutions that are sensible.
I 'launch' the app

http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic3.png

I play a recording

http://tigger.ws/downloads/mythpic4.png