[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:51:08 UTC 2020

On 5/14/20 6:28 PM, jam at tigger.ws wrote:

>> On 15 May 2020, at 2:10 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your answer. I don't have the knowledge base to attempt this
>> myself. I'm at the point, since Apple will not update OS X beyond High
>> Sierra on my version of Macbook, of just installing Ubuntu on my
>> Macbook. My main PC is running Ubuntu and the Macbook is just for
>> mobility.? If I could find a Linux recipe program to replace MacGourmet
>> then I could switch all my platforms to Ubuntu.
> Jim
> I'm quite anti apple but macbooks runnning osx make much better use of the hardware than linux.
> What works well is to run a fullscreeb vm
> If you have a retina display then parallels scaled is better than VirtualBox. Also parallels disk performace is nearer the native 2000 odd MB/s.
>
> But mythfrontend works nicely in both. I've tried both 30 and 31
>
> James

All this discussion along with other apps aging out on my 2011 Macbook
has me thinking about a hardware upgrade. I've always liked the quality
of Apple hardware.  Not sure if that's still the case 9 years later
though. I know it's expensive.

Because I have a Samsung Galaxy phone, I get tons of emails about the
latest with Samsung and see they have a new 2 in 1 Galaxy Book Flex with
impressive specs, but it's a Windows 10 machine. Windows supports the
applications I need once I buy them, but what about Mythfrontend? I
don't think that works on Windows. I guess I could use Kodi?

Jim A