[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend v31 on OSX High-Sierra 10.13.6

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Thu May 14 22:28:38 UTC 2020

> On 15 May 2020, at 2:10 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> Thanks for your answer. I don't have the knowledge base to attempt this
> myself. I'm at the point, since Apple will not update OS X beyond High
> Sierra on my version of Macbook, of just installing Ubuntu on my
> Macbook. My main PC is running Ubuntu and the Macbook is just for
> mobility.? If I could find a Linux recipe program to replace MacGourmet
> then I could switch all my platforms to Ubuntu.

Jim
I'm quite anti apple but macbooks runnning osx make much better use of the hardware than linux.
What works well is to run a fullscreeb vm
If you have a retina display then parallels scaled is better than VirtualBox. Also parallels disk performace is nearer the native 2000 odd MB/s.

But mythfrontend works nicely in both. I've tried both 30 and 31

James