[mythtv-users] Entering Antenna channels in V31

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 14 15:41:39 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:08 PM Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Greg, so after i scanned for the channels. I setup  XMLTV.
> Mythfilldatabase will populate all the XMTVID automatically after you
> get XMLTV setup correctly.  You need to follow the instructions here,
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV

Thank you, that got me going in the right direction. I had already set up
XMLTV and it was working for my Comcast channels, but I added an additional
video source for the antenna channels, and didn't realize I needed to also
add this manually in XMLTV. So that's done, but I still had to do some
tedious comparisons with my Schedules Direct lineup to make sure I had the
correct channels there (comparing XMLID values with those inserted by the
grabber to make sure I had the correct channel selected in my SD lineup).
It looks good now.

--Greg