John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:54:20 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:30 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig I know I’m naive but QT do say
>>
>> <quote>
>>
>>         Target Platform Architecture    Build Environment
>>         macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15       x86_64 and x86_64h      Xcode 11
>> (10.15 SDK)
>>
>>         Build Environment
>>
>>         The build environment on macOS is defined entirely by the Xcode
>> version used to build your application. Xcode contains
>>         both a toolchain (compiler, linker, and other tools), and a macOS
>> platform-SDK (headers and libraries). Together these
>>         define how your application is built.
>>
>>         Note: The version of macOS that you are running Xcode on does not
>> matter. As long as Apple ships a given Xcode version
>>         that runs on your operating system, the build environment will be
>> defined by that Xcode version.
>> </quote>
>>
>> ahh I see apple’s fine print
>> <quote>
>>         Xcode 11 requires a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later.
>> </quote>
>>
>> James
>

> That's a bummer, Catalina shipped with Xcode 11 and I don't believe it's
> compatible with Xcode 10.
>
> ....you could always go the VM route if you can get your hands on a Mojave
> install.

Looking over your config file again this AM, one besides the Qt version
being slightly different, another thing that jumps out is your libCEC
doesn't seem to be found by configure

libCEC device support     no [/usr/include]

This makes me think that maybe you don't have the macports paths on set in
your .profile/.zprofile.

I have the following lines in both my .profile and .zprofile.  Macports
should have done this automagically, but if you have another line trumping
it...

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2020-04-08_at_17:10:32: adding an
appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH

Also, do you have Xcode's command line tools installed? (you should have to
get macports running, but sometimes and update screws that up)..

Can you run the following commands and port the output:

which gcc
which g++
which make

printenv

Given you have a "dirty" source directory, you may want to run a distclean
or delete and repull from git the mythtv src.  The tells us
ff_codec_id_strin something went array with building or linking the
external FFMPEG stuff.