[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Wed May 13 18:25:05 UTC 2020

Just recently updated to mythtv 31.0 on Arch Linux. I moved the
SchedulesDirect setup to tv_grab_zz_sdjson and am having a very strange
thing happen which I can't figure out.

If I run mythfilldatabase manually at the commandline, everything works
perfectly. If I add it to a cron job, it fails with the following error:

tv_grab_zz_sdjson  --capabilities failed or we timed out waiting. You
may need to upgrade your xmltv grabber

Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_zz_sdjson is not supported. You may
need to upgrade to the latest version of XMLTV.

Again, it works perfectly, as long as it isn't run from cron and I can't
figure out why. Any suggestions?

--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux x86_64 AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor
14:21:03 up 25 days, 21:40, 5 users, load average: 0.14, 0.12, 0.09