[mythtv-users] Nvida card choice for mythtv and gaming

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Tue May 12 19:03:54 UTC 2020

On 5/12/2020 1:19 PM, BP wrote:
> I had been running Xfce for years on my frontend before buying a 4k tv.
> While Xfce will honor your existing setting on initial boot, it will
> automatically switch based on edid when a monitor is plugged in (such as
> changing the input on an AVR).  The only way I could find to prevent
> that in Xfce was by patching and compiling.  Not something I wanted to
> maintain.

I had this issue on my Mythbuntu 16.04 BE/FE when we got a new TV and it
was annoying.  I finally gave up and wrote a script that runs
continuously to check and run xrandr if the resolution isn't 1080p, so
now it fixes itself when I switch inputs.  Turning my soundbar on or off
also tended to screw up the video connection and the script fixes that
as well.  My Kubuntu desktop/FE connected to a different TV tends to
have handshake issues coming out of sleep, so I mapped an xrandr script
to a global hotkey.  If it doesn't connect I can type my password and
hit ctrl-alt-z and fix it right up.