[mythtv-users] licrd not working in Xubuntu 20.04

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:27:15 UTC 2020

I remember a lot of discussion on getting IR remotes like Microsoft MCE
remotes to work with Mythtv as Ubuntu moved to 18.04. The discussion is
archived here:
https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/624171?search_string=lircd%20failing;#624171

During the years of 18.04 I was using other remotes that didn't use lirc or
IR at all. FEs like Shield TV, FireTV, etc.

So now I'm working on putting Mythtv frontend on a Xubuntu 20.04 PC with a
Microsoft MCE remote  model 1039. lirc fails to install; seems to be
connected with starting the lircd service core dumping.

So my question is, should I attempt the fixes from the ubuntu 18.04
discussion above or something else??

Jim A