[mythtv-users] scan again

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 11 09:55:53 UTC 2020

On Mon, 11 May 2020 16:57:58 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi All
>I’m playing with a xubuntu test install of 31. (built from src)
>for the first part I just copied some movies into /store/Movies
>I scanned and played.
>I then mv’d them to /store/Movies/Myth-A
>I scanned again
>
>frontend shows all the movies in base directory
>I can play the movies, even though they are not there
>No folder ‘Myth-A’ has been scanned
>
>This is *not* the behaviour I expect, have come to appreciate or understand
>I can find no mention of this, what is happening

Are you using storage groups for the videos?  If so, then it does not
matter where in the storage groups a video file is, as long as it has
the same file name.  So if you have multiple directory paths in a
storage group and move files between them, MythTV is not bothered and
will find the files.  This is the same way the storage groups for
recordings work.  The actual path to the files is not stored anywhere
in the database, and mythbackend will search the entire storage group
to find a specific file.

There are also different ways of displaying the video files - it
sounds like you are not using the one that displays the tree of where
they are.

I am still using v30, so it is also possible that there have been some
changes in v31.