[mythtv-users] osx frontend

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sat May 9 14:08:54 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-05-09 at 05:58 -0400, John Hoyt wrote:
> Success!  I managed to get v31 built and running videos on my case-
> sensitive system using Xcode 11.3.1.

Glad you got it to work.

> I suspect that Xcode 11.4 introduces a world of issues that the devs
> will have to work through when they upgrade the buildbot.  I may play
> around with my non-case sensitive VM by upgrading it to Xcode 10.4
> and see if the issues are isolated to case sensitive systems.

After four days of staring at a hybrid python/C++ project and chasing a
problem from the python code across the dbus to the C++ code and back
across the dbus to the python code, only to find the crux of the
problem was a single constant that needed to be a byte string not a
unicode string, I think I'm going to wait a while before upgrading the
project osx builder and tackling any Xcode 11.4 issues.  I may go ahead
and upgrade the builder to Mac OS 10.15.4 since your logs show that
you're running that version, but Xcode is going to have to wait. :-)

> I may play around with my non-case sensitive VM by upgrading it to
> Xcode 10.4 and see if the issues are isolated to case sensitive
> systems.

Please let us know if you have any success with Xcode 10.4, either on
case sensitive or case in-sensitive file systems.

David