[mythtv-users] ubuntu

jam@tigger.ws jameslinder0 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:19:48 UTC 2020

> On 4 May 2020, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> I have always built myth from source.
>> I cant find python builtins for suse which stops meta data lookups
>> So I thought I'd try ubuntu 20.04 and install pre-built mythtv.
>>
>> How is that done?
>>
>> I tried to use the mythbuntu ppa but it does not have a release file and apt ignores it.
>> allow-insecure used to work but seems to not any longer (The man says it will be depreciated)
>>
>> google says python builtins are in one of the python modulue, but they are not there.
>>
>> I guess my question boils down to "how does johnny install mythtv".
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20180515184733/http://www.mythbuntu.org/home/news/mythbuntusolongandthanksforallthefish
>
> I've built v31 on 20.04. There is an error in the ansible task for it though. Fix in progress.
>
> Or, try these:
>
>   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/31
>   sudo apt update
>   sudo apt upgrade  # Not sure if dist-upgrade is required.

Bill thanks for the info. My cranky answer to a 20.04 query is because I just spent 2 days trying to build for a mythtv 30 system. 30 because one of my front ends is a mac book and I have built 30 for mac, but not 31.
30 involved building python modules for eg urlgrabber. I have not even tried to solve perl's xml.dom.minidom.
So I'll try to build 31.
Cheers
James