[mythtv-users] Sudden choppy playback

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sun May 3 13:52:35 UTC 2020

> On May 3, 2020, at 6:36 AM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> After updating my system (will I ever learn!) playback has suddenly gone very choppy on my main frontend. It's an old Liva mini computer that I plug into my projector.
>
> Playback has been fine for years. It uses onboard Intel graphics.
>
> My first thought was Myth, so I've tried playing videos outside of MythTV. They are still choppy (I guess that makes this an off-topic post, but it's all related to video playback, so hopefully no one minds).

Are you using the VAAPI or VAAPI2  driver within mythtv. I also have an ECS LIVA, and found similar problems. Try switching between the 2 of them. Also try toggling the type of de-interlacing as well. I found that some of the deinterlacing types require more processing power, causing the choppy problems you describe.

Regards,

Jay