[mythtv-users] deleting the previously recorded memory from the database

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 21:32:46 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 5:22 PM James Abernathy, <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here the situation. We used to record, watch, and then delete episodes of
> a sitcom that went on for 10 years. Now another network is carrying 2
> episodes a day of the same sitcom.  Since I can't go anywhere and I'm
> retired I thought it would be fun to re-record all those sitcom episodes,
> edit out the commercials and then convert them to H.264 and store them in
> my video library on my NAS.
>
> The problem is I find a number of the upcoming recordings listed as "P"
> meaning previously recorded.
> I want Mythtv to forget it previously recorded any of these episodes of
> this sitcom so it will re-record them again.  I know I can go thru upcoming
> recordings and override but is there an easier way?
>
> Jim A

Don't have the menu in front of me, but it's like Manage Recordings,
Previously Recorded. Do a ctrl-s to find an episode, then enter. (I think
it's enter, might be M.)

That will ask if you want to forget (or is it remove?) that episode or all
episodes for that series. Recently had to do it for the missus' fave 420+
episode detective show.