[mythtv-users] Help needed for scripted recordings

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 19:27:16 UTC 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 16:43, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 14:26, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

>> and then
>> start
>> seconds,
>> channel,
>> basic

>> Otherwise,
>> automatically...
>> >
>> > Klaas can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think 10 seconds is a
>> > hard and fast requirement.  The problem at hand seems to occur when
>> > deleting an in-progress recording but only occasionally.  I think the
>> > 10 seconds is solely to recreate the in-progress, deletion condition
>> > as frequently as possible in hopes of reproducing the problem more
>> > quickly.
>> >
>> > David

>> Klaas,
>>
>> New version, you can run it from a remote host (FE.) It uses the Services
>> API
>> Dvr/DeleteRecording:
>>
>>   vcr.py --chanid=1021 --delete_while_recording --dst --host=<backend
>> hostname or IP> --length=1 --number=5 --starttime=2020-03-28T13:16 --wrmi
>>
>> will create 5 recording rules, 1 minute apart and 1 minute long.
>> --starttime is
>> in local time and gets converted to UTC for the API.
>>
>> 30 seconds (length/2) after --starttime the 1st recording and it's rule
>> are
>> deleted. Then every minute (length), the next recording and rule are
>> deleted.
>>
>> The --dst switch is a kludge and subtracts 3600 seconds from --starttime.
>> Works
>> for North America.
>>

>> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the scripts. They do come close but I still miss a bit.
>
> David, your description is spot on.
> The crucial point is that I need to delete a recording in progress as
> often as possible.
> Reproducing the problem takes usually about 3 to 10 deletes before the
> crash happens and this is still somewhat doable by hand.
> However, to evaluate the effectiveness of various workarounds and maybe
> even fixes I want at least 100 deletes to be successful.
> Hence the need for automation.
>
> Ideally I would have two commands:
> - (A) start recording now on a channel, identified by chanid
> - (B) delete the recording that is now being recorded on  channel,
> identified by chanid
> I can string this together with a trivial bit of bash and do the wait
> times with sleep commands.
> Something like "while [ 1 ] ; do command_A <chanid>; sleep 10; command_B
> <chanid>; sleep 10; done".
> If command A does return an ID that is to be used by command B then that
> is OK as well of course.
> A combined script would need 3 parameters, chanid, time_recording and
> time_idle.
> It looks like the mythtv-record.py comes close as it can do a "stop", it
> only misses a "delete"command.
> [...]
I did look into the mythtv-record.py script.
It looks like it can do what I want it to do by creating a Single manual
recording (setting wrmi to True in the code was needed).
I then hacked a "delete recording" in it, copy&paste of the "stop
recording".

Start of recording is OK:

[klaas at modu MythTVPython]$ ./mythtv-record.py add --chanid 170858 --manual
--starttime 2020-03-28T20:00:00 --type Single --title test
-1: 170858 NPO 1 Single Record test  Start:2020-03-28T19:00:00Z
 End:2020-03-28T20:00:00Z  Priority:0      Inactive:false  Profile:Default
RecGroup:Default PlayGroup:Default LastRecorded:      Expire:true
Added: "test" (RecordId 3776).

But the delete of the recording is not:

[klaas at modu MythTVPython]$ ./mythtv-record.py delete --recordid 3776
--starttime 2020-03-28T20:00:00 --title test
Fatal API Error response: Unexpected status returned: 404: Reason: "N/A"
URL was: http://modu.home.lan:6544/Dvr/DeleteRecording?RecordedId=3776
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mythtv-record.py", line 1479, in delete_recordingid
    resp_dict = backend.send(endpoint=endpoint, rest=rest, opts=opts)
  File
"/home/klaas/mma-sat/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/MythTV/services_api/send.py",
line 261, in send
    reason, url))
RuntimeError: Unexpected status returned: 404: Reason: "N/A" URL was:
http://modu.home.lan:6544/Dvr/DeleteRecording?RecordedId=3776

Looks to me that the python code does what it should do but that maybe the
Dvr/DeleteRecording is not available?

Thanks,
Klaas.