[mythtv-users] Adding an item to the frontend menu

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Mar 28 18:50:07 UTC 2020

My specific use case, with which I suspect many will soon become familiar with:

We're all isolated here in the UK. My relatives, particularly my grand-children, live at a distance.
My son has recommended 'zoom' and, with a test connection under our belts, found that it is a
workable solution.

I have installed zoom onto our frontend box and would now like to integrate it into the mythtv
frontend menu to make the connection easier.

I'm sure there used to be a guide how to add commands for third-party executables to the menus, but
my searches have turned up nothing.

Can anyone out there offer a simple guide? ISTR this was possible in the past to access games and
things like that.

--

Mike Perkins