[mythtv-users] XMLTV and mythfilldatabase

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:20:51 UTC 2020

On 3/26/20 10:08 PM, Jack McGee wrote:

> On 3/26/20 6:41 PM, Bill Meek wrote:

>>> that maybe a clue. I don't have that directory:
>>
>> To be clear, the file, not directory, only exists while the grabber
>> is running.
>>
>> Don't know if you mean that the original command is still running,
>> which would
>> seem too long.
>>
>> You could run mythfilldatabase with -v system . You'll see the actual
>> command that's run
>> (and you can run that command directly from the command line.)
>>
>> An example would be:
>>
>>    tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file
>> '/home/mythuser/.mythtv/antenna_xmltv.xmltv' --output /tmp/myth123456
>>
>> In the above, I dropped the --quiet option. The output may yield a clue.
>>

> I used Jim Abernathy's guide:
>
> https://mythtv-rp4.blogspot.com/2019/12/installing-mythtv-on-raspberry-pi-4.html
>

> which moved me to sqlite version, but that is fine.
>
> I never got the fetch listings from listings source to do anything.
>
> I did see the file when I ran
>
> mythuser at amethi:~/.mythtv$ ls -l /tmp/myth??????
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mythuser mythuser 0 Mar 26 21:01 /tmp/myth123456
>
> but it never changed in file size.
>
> If I run
>
> mythuser at amethi:~/.mythtv$ tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file
> '/home/mythuser/.mythtv/antenna_xmltv.xmltv' --output /tmp/myth123456
> Database not defined in config file
> /home/mythuser/.mythtv/antenna_xmltv.xmltv.
> Please run 'tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure'
>

> In the above writeup, he says:
>
> In Input Connections go through each and select Video Source "SD" and
> only do the scan in the first Input Connection
>
> Should I be doing "scan for channels"  or "fetch listings from
> listings source"
>
> I think originally, I did scan for channels because I could not get
> fetch listings to work.

For me using either networked tuners or PCIe tuners I would setup the
first Input Connection by entering the Video Source name to match and
make sure it also matched what I did external from mythtv-setup. In my
case 'SD'. The Scan for channels was uses as is, sometimes I'd set the
channel scan range to eliminate the scan of the channels above which I
know I won't find any.

Jim A