[mythtv-users] Shield TV and Fire TV 4K settings for v31??

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:19:29 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:38 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a new backend running v31 and testing various frontends in
> preparation for converting my production backend.
>
> Intel GFX and Nvidia both work great against this backend. Now I'm tuning
> the Nvidia Shield TV then I'll do Fire TV 4K.
>
> I'm trying to compare what's in the release notes for v31 decode:
> (
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_31_Video_decoding_and_playback
> )
> with the Android wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android) which seems
> to be focused on v30.
>
> I have the Shield TV doing fine but I'm just using SWAG ( Scientific Wild
> Ass Guess) running version
> (mythfrontend-20200227-arm64-v31-Pre-1953-ged3bfa425a.apk)
>
> Any advice on V31 setting for Shield or Fire TV?
>
> Jim A
>
> I'll document what I have working, but not sure it's ideal yet.
Audio System:
     Audio Output Device = AudioTrack
     Digital Audio Capabilities:
          Dolby Digital Unchecked
          DTS              Unchecked
          E-AC-3          Checked
          TrueHD          Checked
          DTS-HD        Checked
     Speaker configuration  5.1
     Upconvert Stereo to 5.1 Surround  Checked

Video
     Playback settings
          Advanced Playback settings
               Enabled Realtime Priority Threads  Checked
               Audio Read Ahead(ms)     100
               Primary Colourspace conversion   Auto
               Enable Chroma Upsampling Filter when deinterlacing
 Unchecked
          Current VIdeo Playback Profile     MediaCodec Normal
               Android MediaCodec Acceleration (decode only) and OpendG:
YV12
                    Decoder   Android MediaCodec acceleration (decode only)
                    Max CPUs      4
                    Deblocking Filter  Checked
                    Video Renderer    OpenGL YV12
                    Deinterlacer quality (single rate)    Medium Quality
                         Prefer OpenGL deinterlaces     Checked
                         Prefer driver deinterlacers         Checked
                    Deinterlacer quality (double rate)   Medium quality
                         Prefer OpenGL deinterlacers     Checked
                         Prefer driver deinterlacers          Checked

This works for MPEG2 OTA HD ATSC recordings and live TV, but not sure it's
the best.

Also not sure why if I check the first 2 Digital Audio Capabilities it
doesn't work.

Jim A