[mythtv-users] error during upgrade from V30 to V31

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:19:11 UTC 2020

On 3/24/20 3:44 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I can login with the --default-extra-file
> The sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database didn't add much new text.
>
> jim at mythbuntu:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
> Failed to create/alter user or grant permissions to database (incorrect
> admin username/password?)
> Try:
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database

On line 42: mysql $SECURITY_INFO "$database" >/dev/null 2>&1;

remove the:

     >/dev/null

That should allow the SQL error to print.

The three queries (run as the MySQL root user) are:

CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password;
ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'your password here';
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%';

--