[mythtv-users] error during upgrade from V30 to V31

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 17:36:18 UTC 2020

On 3/24/20 12:42 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:23:31 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> I've confused myself, so I'll start over on this issue.
>> I've upgraded to:
>>
>> mythtv: 2:31.0+fixes.202003231432.9579662~ubuntu18.04.1
>>
>> I got an error that recommended to run sudo dpkg-reconfigure
>> mythtv-database. If I run that I get a popup window asking about will other
>> computers run mythtv. I answered yes. I see get an error:
>>
>> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
>> Failed to create or modify database (incorrect admin username/password?)
>> Try:
>> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
>> jim at mythbuntu:~$
> Try looking in the log files to see if there is more information:
>
> /var/log/apt/term.log
> /var/log/apt/history.log

Unfortunately those log reflect exactly what was on the console. I do
not understand how the database could have an incorrect admin
username/password. Since this is Ubuntu, I use sudo for database
commands when needed from the console, but mostly it's Mythtv FE/BE that
use the database.  MySQL Workbench that I setup long ago still works and
I can view and modify parameters if needed.

Could it be that way back in Ubuntu 16.04 I setup mythtv with a admin
username and password that is not needed now but can generate an error.

Bottom line is everything appears to be working from an operation point
of view. It's just this error during apt upgrade of mythtv.

Jim A